Monday 9 March 2009

Hatred.

I've not been in the best mood all week, so I've been ranting about quite a few things. In the interest of promoting my own creativity and somehow channelling this terrible whining and stunted aggression into something positive, I shall now attempt to write a blog on each of the following and why the irk me so.

So yes. 50 things that I have registered my hatred for in the last seven days:

1. People reversing into parking spaces
2. Roast Lamb
3. Manufactured pop music (with the exception of Girls Aloud)
4. Creosote
5. Improper use of the word "random"
6. Cocaine
7. The Nintendo Wii
8. Alcohol
9. Furniture
10. Fresh mint (especially on potatoes)
11. Racism
12. Psychics
13. People (normally younger than me) who make everything sound like a question?
14. 30 year olds exhibiting playground homophobia
15. The music press
16. Robbie Williams
17. American TV Casting
18. Strawberries
19. Film remakes
20. Being the oldest person at music gigs
21. Coventry
22. Ageing
23. Hulk Hogan
24. Religion
25. People blowing the paper bit of restaurant straws off
26. The Daily Mail
27. Condom adverts
28. Maths
29. U2
30. My hair
31. Dancing
32. Mowing the lawn
33. Bad tattoos
34. The Now albums
35. Brie
36. My diet
37. Student music chauvanism
38. Swearing for the sake of it
39. Apple
40. Migraines
41. Stupidity
42. Punk rock imposters
43. Guitarists in shit bands spinning around like twats
44. N-Dubz
45. Txtspk
46. Fizz
47. Burlesque as an excuse
48. Dating
49. Hair straighteners
50. Cricket

They're not in any order. I'm already aware that racism is to be hated more than roast lamb - this is merely how the ideas poured into the blog, stream of consciousness stylee.

Now there's a phrase I haven't used since A-Level English, 1996.

The writings of an irritated old man to come.

Jim x

No comments: